Sunday, February 1, 2009

S. Blackwelder Assignment #1

The article "Radical in the White House," written by Thomas L. Friedman appeared in the New York Times on January 21st, 2009.

When I read this article for the first time, I saw it in a very harsh light. The more I read through it, the more I realized it wasn't coming down on just American citizens, but those in control of our government. It truly captures the past flaws of America by mentions of "letting go of our reputation," and the "postponing" of better solutions that were available to ease our national struggles.

Friedman wrote that he hopes Obama will treat this radical moment with radical decisions. I cannot disagree with Friedman. I would love to see the change that has been promised to us for quite a while now. I was very excited to see Obama stepping up to the plate days after his inauguration in order to make drastic changes.

This article was aimed toward American citizens and in a few ways, toward Barack Obama.